Gator Swim Team
ASSISTANT COACHES: Joanne Lamothe, Jim Sharpe & Wyatt Prince
AQUATICS DIRECTOR: Allison Mundy
- Swimmers must be between ages of 4-18 years old
- Swimmers must demonstrate that they are able to perform the following skills:
- 25 Freestyle with rotary breathing
- 25 Backstroke
- 25 Breaststroke
- 25 Butterfly kick
SEASON DATES: September 21st, 2020 – February 28th, 2021
PRACTICE INFORMATION & TIMES BY AGE GROUP:
All swimmers will enter and exit through the side pool doors within the brick patio. Temperatures will be taken upon arrival. Please come dressed and ready for swim team practice if possible!
GREEN TEAM (8 and Under):
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 3:30-4:30 pm
SILVER TEAM & GOLD TEAM (9 and Up):
GREEN TEAM (4-8yr) $60 monthly
SILVER/GOLD TEAM (9-18yr) $75 monthly
WHAT IS NEEDED/REQUIRED:
- Membership: All swimmers must be members of the YMCA to participate.
- Practice: PRACTICE SWIMSUIT, towel, goggles, swim cap, sandals/flip flops
- Meets: competitive team swimsuit, competitive swim cap (provided), goggles.
- Parents – to volunteer for home meets, away meets, fundraisers, dinners. This is a VERY IMPORTANT part for running a successful swim team! Please volunteer when available.
Swim Team is a competitive program and participants are strongly encouraged to swim for the entire season. Swimmers must compete in two meets to qualify to swim at our winter championship swim meet.